Bihler of America
Bihler of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E). We require new hire Drug and Alcohol testing as well as pre-employment and background checks.
This position is responsible for the sequence of operations required to fabricate tools, dies, and fixtures and jigs and then perform those operations on manual and CNC machine tools such as lathes and milling or grinding machines.
- Produce tooling items by milling, turning and grinding to tight tolerances using CNC machines as well as manual machines.
- Maintain Production Tooling.
- Build new cutting/forming tools.
- Build assemblies for Bihler multi-slide and Four Slide production systems.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics and engineering drawings.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of tool design, shop mathematics, blueprint reading, machining and assembly procedures.
- Tooling experience in the metal stamping and forming industry.
- Be able to perform work in manufacturing environment.
- Frequent standing, lifting, and walking.
- Ability to wear PPE
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- 3-8 year recent experience as a Toolmaker.
- GED or High School Diploma Required.
- Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school with a tool making apprenticeship would be a plus.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.