Production Line Technician
This position is responsible for providing technical support to our manufacturing process by means of equipment maintenance troubleshooting and repair. Systems to include but not limited to heating systems, mold presses, low pressure casting equipment & process ovens. Systems will include hydraulics, pneumatics, motor driven systems, as well as basic electrical components. Additionally this position will be responsible for performing minor repairs on mold casting tools and components. It will be necessary to read and understand blueprints, manuals, and engineering specifications pertaining to the function and operation of each system.
This position is located in Branchburg NJ near Route 22 in Somerset County.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Read, understand and follow engineering prints, and documents to accomplish the assembly, maintenance or repair of parts and equipment
- Have the knowledge and skills to maintain and repair tools and tool components within design specifications
- Maintain and repair mechanical components such as hydraulics, pneumatics, motors driven systems, and basic electrical components
- Test and troubleshoot machinery to ensure proper functionality
- Assist in maintaining a satisfactory level of quality and efficiency in the produced components
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
- Available for overtime and after hours calls
Skills & Requirements:
- Positive attitude and a team player
- 3-5 years recent experience in maintenance and repair of equipment and machine systems and machine tooling
- Experience with basic machine assembly, machine tooling set up and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of basic machining of parts using mills, drill press, lathes and surface grinders, etc.
- Basic ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics mold machine tooling and basic electrical components
- Must have own tools
- Be able to perform work in production and assembly plants
- Frequent standing, lifting, and walking in a range of climates, cold to hot.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, Etc.:
- GED or High School Diploma Required
- Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school in machinist technology or similar
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E)
- We require new hire Drug and Alcohol testing
- We require pre-employment and back ground checks
- Competitive compensation, employment with benefits, including 401K