Environmental, Health, & Safety Compliance Manager
Ensures compliance with, and overseas/manages activities that support Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements. (Specifically: EPA/NJDEP, OSHA, DOT, and Security & Fire Safety) Activities include: permitting, record keeping and reporting, training, self-monitoring, and auditing. Evaluates manufacturing processes with relation to safety & environmental regulations. Recommends controls when necessary. Remains current on regulations and their proposed changes.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs training and refresher training driven by safety and environmental requirements. Includes: hazard communication, lockout/tag out, forklift operation, respirator, chemical handling, fire prevention, emergency response, and in-house first aid.
- Performs OSHA required audits of safety procedures and compliance.
- Ensures employee compliance with safety requirements (personal protective equipment).
- Schedules employees for hearing and respirator tests.
- Maintains/monitors SDSs with QA and hazardous chemical inventories.
- Monitors facility noise.
- Orders, maintains, and inspects safety supplies.
- Schedules and conducts monthly meetings with Safety Committee and Emergency Response team.
- Acts as the initial response to accident (i.e. seeing that the employee gets the necessary treatment).
- Investigates accidents and maintains OSHA 200 log.
- Works with HR on filing report with insurance company and Department of Labor.
- Schedules hazardous waste disposal, filing hazardous waste manifests with NJDEP, generates biennial hazardous waste generator reports and participates with the biennial inspections from the NJDEP.
- Conducts Yearly Right to Know reporting.
- Generates Recycling report to municipality yearly.
- Participates in insurance & business-driven inspections.
- Ensures completion of internal sprinkler inspections by maintenance.
- Schedules annual alarm inspections and repairs/improvements.
- Performs Fire Code Inspections; also can be handled by Maintenance, and updates Fire Safety Permits.
- Ensures completion of annual hoist & crane inspections and annual scissors lift inspections.
- Performs the monthly documented facility audits/inspections for safety, housekeeping, and environmental compliance.
- Files and maintains permit applications and records with the NJDEP.
- Conducts new supervisory/lead technician training on EEOC, harassment, etc.. Schedules company reminders.
- Maintains contact with county board of health for Fixed Facility Mass Prophylaxis Distribution Plan
- Maintains and controls activities associated with DOT-FMCSA requirements such as driver medical evaluations, driving records, training, policy statements, etc.
- Provides direction and administrative support for security issues. Works with IT for electronic/computer controls.
- Performs other functions as requiredrequested.
Skills & Requirements:
- Computer skills, good writing ability, ability to communicate verbally. Team player/works well with others. Good presentation skills. Knowledgeable in current environmental issues and programs and qualified to conduct in-house training on safety and environmental subjects. Experience with machine building and assembly, machine tooling set up and troubleshooting
- Experience in OSHA, Ergonomics, sustainability, carbon emissions, climate change, energy usage exposure, hazardous waste, emergency response. Chemical experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate with employees, staff, outside vendors, and government inspectors/officials.
- Physical and emotional fitness to handle stressful situations.
- Able to respond quickly.
- Able to drive to different locations as needed.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, Etc.:
- College degree in a science. Preferably engineering, environmental, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety.
- OSHA & Environmental training certifications highly recommended.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E)
- We require new hire Drug and Alcohol testing
- We require pre-employment and back ground checks
- Competitive compensation, secure employment with benefits, inc. 401K available for the right candidate