Headquarters: Phillipsburg, NJ USA
Facility Size: 250,000 sq. ft.
Service Area: Regional, National, Global
Mission: Deliver defect-free products on time, every time
Philosophy: Partners in profitability
Values: Quality, Integrity, Teamwork
Markets Served: Diverse
Bihler of America was founded in New Jersey in 1976 as a distributor of Bihler machines. Since that time, we have grown to be a leading producer of precision high speed metal stamping, forming, welding, tapping, and multi-piece assemblies with worldwide partners. For almost 40 years, Bihler of America’s success has been built on outstanding technology, training, quality, and a continuing culture of excellence. Our personnel receive extensive ongoing training and certifications in the most up-to-date processes and machinery.
Credentials and Recognitions
- Certified WBENC
- ISO 9001:2008 Registered
- Medical Quality Standard: 13485
To ensure excellence in the consistent delivery of high precision products and components, Bihler of America conducts continuous quality checks including the following:
- Statistical Process Control utilizing WinSPC
- Set-up and In-process inspection performed by production machine operators
- Quality Management System (QMS) and Process Interaction integrated into a Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Internal QMS audits regularly performed to insure efficacy
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Control Plan, Process Flow, and Measurement System Analysis quality tools are employed
- Cross-training is performed within departments to ensure employees are proficient in multiple areas and understand requirements throughout the process
- Robust preventive maintenance program for all equipment and machines
At Bihler of America, sustainability is an essential component of conducting business responsibly and successfully. We have always strived to minimize the use of harmful chemicals in our production processes and taken great pride in keeping our work environment clean and free of hazardous situations that might result in injury to our valued workforce.
In 2011, we installed a 2.2 Megawatt Solar Project comprised of solar cells on the rooftops of Bihler of America buildings A & B, located in Phillipsburg, as well as a ground mount system. The following year, 2012, this installation generated 2,436,608 KWH.
In 2014, Bihler of America set an electrical conservation goal to reduce facility lighting by 5%. This initiative included the review of all manufacturing areas to determine program feasibility followed by the installation of occupancy sensors. As part of Bihler of America’s partner program, we have established an Energy Efficient Purchasing Policy.
Bihler of America and its people take great pride in its contributions of time, services and funding to many local, regional and national charitable organizations around the country.